Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Heroes

I have decided to follow one of my main themes of my blog and use this post to talk about the hit TV show "Heroes". I'll first backtrack to when I first saw the commercials for Heroes. I was very skeptical of a TV show about people with superhuman abilities, mainly because I did not think anything could top the good old cartoons I watched as a kid. To tell you the truth I did not even watch the show until about half way through the season when I was convinced to "watch a couple episodes and see if I liked it." I was very surprised when I watched the first couple episodes because it was not like anything I had expected. The creators created a storyline unlike any superhero show I had ever seen, so, of course, I was hooked. I watched every new episode when they came out and could not believe that the stupid writer's strike last year cut the second season short. SO...I waited, wondering what the writers had in store for season three. Then, 2 or 3 months ago, I saw a commercial for the third season. Normally, such as with "Lost", I can't wait to see what the next season has to offer, but this particular instance did not result in the same reaction. The writers has decided to dedicate the upcoming season to "Villians." My first reaction was that "Heroes" was going to lose its originality and just turn into a horrible knock-off of the X-Men story. Then two weeks ago the two hour season premiere was on and I was hoping that "Heroes" would not falter down the wrong path. Unfortunately, by the end of the episode my question was still not answered. I could only hope that episode two might give me some more answers as to which way the story would be going. I watched episode 2 last night and felt a lot better about where the writers might be taking the story, but I still have a lot of skepticism. I am going to continue to watch "Heroes" and plan on sticking with it, as long as the writers maintain the originality that had initially hooked me to the show. I am going to be giving my thoughts every week on whether I think the show is still worth watching because right now I am stuck in the middle of a teeter totter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heroes is gay