Thursday, October 2, 2008

Big Hit

Last Sunday I was sitting around watching football like I always do, keeping track of my team, and keeping track of my players for my fantasy football team. About halfway through the day I found out my star receiver on my fantasy football team, Anquan Boldin got injured. My first thought was "I hope he still got me some fantasy points." When it got to halftime of the game I was watching though, the extremity of his injury was brought forward. They showed a clip of the hit he took that caused the injury, and to tell you the truth, it is in my top 3 for worst hits I have ever seen. Not only did it look extremely painful, but I also thought he could have been paralyzed from the hit. . A brief description of the hit is basic: he jumped up to catch a ball and got his head sandwiched in between two other defensive players helmets(both running at him at full speed). I posted the clip on my youtube link so you can see it if you feel inclined to. I was relieved to hear a couple days ago that Anquan is moving around(not because he is on my fantasy football team) and tests have shown so far that the hit resulted in only a fractured sinus membrane. I am not sure what that means but apparently it isn't too bad, especially considering that paralyzation wasn't out of the question based on first looks of the hit. All I can say is a lot of these guys who play in the NFL are rediculously tough. I don't think there are many people who could take a hit like that and say they want to play in a game a week later.

No comments: